- Write a letter to the editor of the Press-Citizen or the Gazette about keeping Hoover open. (Scroll down to see some that have already been published.)
- Raise the Hoover issue when you meet school board members and candidates.
- Attend the meeting with school board members Chris Lynch and Orville Townsend about Hoover’s future. The meeting is on Tuesday, June 16, at 5:30 p.m. in Meeting Room A at the Iowa City Public Library.
- Talk to your friends in other attendance areas about the reasons to keep Hoover open.
- Consider contributing to the Save Hoover Committee. The Committee plans to publicize the candidates’ positions on Hoover and get out the vote for pro-Hoover candidates. (The link to donate is in the sidebar.)
As we get closer to Election Day (September 8), there will more opportunities to get involved—for example, by helping distribute campaign literature, attending candidate forums, displaying a yard sign, helping get out the vote, etc. Let us know you’re interested by emailing us savehooveric [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com, and we’ll keep you posted on opportunities to help.